Thursday, September 1, 2016

Great little read for new or non-Christians

4 stars
Can I really Know Jesus? 101 questions and answers about Jesus, salvation, and prayer by Carolyn Larsen and Amylee Weeks

This is an excellent little read for new and even non-Christians as it explores often asked about questions Jesus, salvation, and prayer.

I could also see this book being used as a devotion, in a new believer Bible study, in a confirmation class, and more.

The book does a nice job of answering each question in a succinct 1-page answer supported by Scripture.

Questions and answers about Jesus include:
--Why is Jesus called Christ?
--Why was Jesus baptized?
--Why did Jesus spend so much time with sinners?

Questions and answers about salvation include:
--What does it mean to be saved?
--Isn't it enough just to be a good person?
--Will I stop having problems after I'm saved?

Questions and answers about prayer include:
--Can God hear everyone's prayers at the same time?
--Is formal language necessary when praying?
--What do I do if there doesn't seem to be an answer to my prayers?

As the book points out, questions are helpful because they express a desire in us to learn and understand. However, it's important to search for answers to questions from the reliable source of Scripture.

*Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment