Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lunch menu not right for me

2 STARS
REVIEW: If I Had Lunch with C.S. Lewis: Exploring the Ideas of C.S. Lewis on the Meaning of Life by Alister McGrath

I wanted it to like this book more than I did.  It is not a difficult read, but it is not easy either.

Each chapter focuses on an imaginary lunch with Lewis and tries to flesh out what he might say on certain topics such as friendship, the Christian life, and pain.

I would have preferred the book to read more like a personal conversation between me (the reader) and Lewis, but it felt more research based from McGrath. For some readers, this might be appealing. But I was hoping for more of a personal, laid-back, intimate, and easy reading experience with Lewis as if I was truly sitting down with him for a cup of coffee at lunch. Unfortunately, that wasn’t on the menu.

To watch a video about the book, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAUAeNC-rz8

*Tyndale House Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for my unbiased review.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with us! Some really amazing ideas.
    It’s really helpful people needing information on this topic. All the best guys Thank you for your post. This is excellent information.
    I have some relevant information you can review below.
    paleo recipe book
    paleo diet
    vegan diet

    ReplyDelete