Monday, January 7, 2013

A Les Miserables masterpiece!


FIVE STARS
REVIEW: Les Miserables presented by Focus on the Family’s Radio Theatre

This is my second book on CD by Focus on the Family’s Radio Theatre, and it was just as wonderful as the first one I experienced!

Focus on the Family’s Radio Theatre does a superb job of dramatizing the story and making it animated.  This is just not a normal book on CD – it is alive!

The Victor Hugo classic Les Miserables is hot right now with the movie now in theaters starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, and Anne Hathaway.  But there is just something special about hearing the story in this way and being able to use your imagination to picture the characters.

The famous story is about the redemption of former prisoner Jean Valjean and how he saves the life of a girl named Cosette.  Be warned, though, if you listen to this in your car, as I did, you may need to carry extra tissues as I found myself crying as the story pierced to the soul of Jean Valjean as well as myself.  It is a touching story and one that is very spiritual.

I highly recommend this 3-hour CD set to anyone who wants to experience Les Miserables for the first time or experience it again in a new way, as well as for anyone who wants to make their drive time fly by with a story that may just change your view on life.

*Tyndale House Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of this CD set for an unbiased review.

To learn more, visit Focus on the Family Radio Theatre at http://www.focusonthefamily.com/radio-theatre.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment